The main industry where heating oil is used is heating services. This oil product is most often operated in stationary steam boilers and industrial furnaces.
Typically, heating oil is burned in low-capacity residential heating systems. It also can be used in heat generators of average capacity operated in agriculture for the purpose of drying grain, fruit, fodder preparation, etc.
The main feature of heating oil is the absence of standardization of iodine and cetane numbers, as well as its cloud point. When comparing diesel fuel and heating oil, it can be seen that the production of heating oil is cheaper, and it does not meet environmental requirements that have to be met by diesel fuel.
The difference in price is very often used by unscrupulous businessmen who sell heating oil under the guise of diesel oil. If you don’t call out such a seller on this trick, you can get unpleasant consequences in the form of costly repairs of fuel equipment. Poor-quality fuel disables the high-pressure pump and injectors in the first place.
In order not to take the bait of fraudsters you must keep the following in mind:
- The color of heating oil is darker (yellowish-brown) than that of diesel fuel. This is due to a lower degree of purification during production.
- After pouring heating oil into a transparent bowl, over a certain period of time sediment will appear at the bottom.
- It gives rise to a reasonable question: is it possible to improve the original heating oil quality in order to expand the potential areas of its application? The answer is yes. Special UVR-type plants produced by GlobeCore are used to solve this problem.
- They allow cleaning and brightening of heating oil, as well as removing water and solid impurities. In addition, GlobeCore processes remove hydrogen sulfide compounds from heating oil, reduce the concentration of sulfur, lower wax content, as well as remove unsaturated hydrocarbons. After being processed by UVR-type plants, heating oil becomes resistant to re-oxidation and discoloration.
- Low energy consumption;
- Versatility of application. A UVR-type plant does not require complex manipulationы when changing the type of the cleansed, lightened or recovered fuel, or mineral oil. To change one material for another it is enough to stop the plant, switch to manual mode, pump out residues of petroleum from the system and replace the used adsorbent and filter.